This budget-friendly meal is chock full of protein, vitamins and, most of all, flavor. Microwave leftovers (if you have any!) for breakfast.
1 10-oz. box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
4 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 cup shredded carrots
⅓ cup diced onion
⅓ cup diced bell peppers
8 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup mayonnaise (can use light)
½ cup sour cream (can use light)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Squeeze all moisture out of the thawed spinach.
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, onion
- Stir in beaten eggs, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.