Bring on the heat! This is chili served with a real kick!
Yield: 4 servings
Hands-on prep time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Price per serving: $1.85
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 7-oz. can diced green chiles
- 2 15-oz. cans rinsed black beans
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen and thawed pre-cut butternut squash
- 1 15-oz. can chicken stock
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Tacos or tortillas, diced red onion and sliced jalapeño peppers, for serving (optional)
- Cook ground chicken, onion, and chopped garlic cloves in olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili seasoning mix and diced green chiles; cook 1 minute. Stir in black beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, butternut squash, and chicken stock. Simmer, covered, until butternut squash is tender, 9 to 11 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tacos or tortillas, diced red onion and sliced jalapeño peppers.