Pierogies and bacon and cheese and tomatoes; need we say more?
Yield: 4 servings
Hands-on prep time: 18 minutes
Total prep time: 38 minutes
Price per serving: $1.80
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen potato and onion pierogies (such as Mrs. T’s)
- Cooking spray
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped and seeded plum tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and arrange pierogies evenly in pan. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add minced garlic to drippings in pan and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese to pan, cooking for 1 minute, or until cream cheese begins to melt, stirring constantly. Slowly add chicken broth to pan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over pierogies. Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and completely heated. Remove from oven, and top with bacon, green onions, tomato and pepper.